Friday, April 12, 2013

Hobbies and Handicrafts - April 12

The project ideas linked to Hobbies and Handicrafts are some of the best I've seen. Thank you for linking-up each week.

This week I have a huge announcement! My husband's hobby is computer programming, and I'm so proud of him for completing his latest project. He transformed my skip-counting card game Speed! into an electronic game which is now available on the iPhone. Check it out!

Speed! makes skip-counting fun and that makes multiplication easier. Kids love playing this game and so do adults. I created the game six years ago to help my daughter with multiplication. Two years ago I developed it into a physical card game so other families could enjoy playing. In January my husband finished an electronic version of Speed! for the iPad and last week it was released for the iPhone. With three ways to play, we hope you will find one to satisfy you.

 Now onto the hop!

The Angelicscalliwags have been busy doing science.


The little kids were given all sorts of kitchen supplies for their experiments. They measured, poured and mixed with serious faces and were very satisfied with the results.


While the big kids worked to create their own fizzy lemonade. Visit Angelicscalliwags to see how they did it.






4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the feature! I'm going to ask Gary if we can get the Speed ipad version. We have a daughter who has an almost photographic memory for everything but maths and just can't seem to get her facts to stick. Do you think Speed would help?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely I think it will help. Let me know. I love hearing about how Speed! helped kids struggling with multiplication.

      Delete
  2. Your husband is a genius! I loved the lemonade post too. Good choice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the ipad version of Speed! You must both be so proud.

    Thanks so much for hosting the fab link up!

    Lucinda

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...