Sunday, July 8, 2012

Lake Michigan

One of my favorite places is on the shore of Lake Michigan. It is actually a huge fresh water lake with sandy beaches. The lake is so big you cannot see across it.

The size of the beach varies from year to year depending on the water levels in the lake. This photo shows a year with low water and thus a large sandy beach.

There are light houses all up and down the shores of the lake. You can walk out onto the pier and often see fisherman at the end. In stormy weather a stroll on the pier is very dangerous as the waves wash up onto the pier.

1 comment:

  1. I love lake Michigan too =) I live on the other side of MI and my family vacationed each year at a camp right on the lake. It's probably my favorite place in the world =)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...