Saturday, July 7, 2012

Canoe Trip


Each summer my husband's family organizes a big canoeing trip. We typically camp for a few days or the entire week and go canoeing at least one day. It's lots of fun. These photos are from 2010. This year my two older kids got to go on this canoe trip while my husband and I stayed here in the hospital with our five year old.

Canoeing is a popular summertime recreation activity in Michigan as there are many rivers. Canoes can be rented and outfitters will usually drive upstream and help launch the trip.

Highhill Homeschool Country Kids from Coombe Mill Family Farm Holidays Cornwall

5 comments:

  1. That looks like a great day out for the children, do please join me over on Country Kids on my blog too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for linking up. I hope your 5 year old is OK?

      Delete
  2. What a brilliant idea. My lad just went with the cubs and loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun trip for your family to do every year!! Thank you for sharing at Happy Family Times!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing experience to have in your childhood memories, I bet it's really peaceful and scenic.

    Popping over from Country Kids

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...