Friday, June 8, 2012

Mozart

If you ask my oldest daughter who her favorite musician is she will say "Mozart". This has been her answer for over three years now. So when we were in Salzburg we had to visit Mozart's home and birthblace.

Salzburg was Mozart's town. Traces of him can be found all over town. Visitors can see rooms in the Residenz where he played, the church where he was baptized, and the cemetery where his sister is burried.

Mozart's family appartment and his birth house are both located in Salzburg. Although he was born and lived in Salzburg, Mozart did a lot of traveling. He played and traveled all over Europe. He met kings, queens, princes and princesses, but never had a lot of money. His modest birthplace and family appartment is nothing in comparison with the Residenz where he entertained royality.

Mozart and his sister Nanerl

There are several books about Mozart, but we really enjoyed Mozart the Wonder Boy by Opal Wheeler. We learned all about his travels through Europe. Following his travels on a map is a great way to learn European Geography.




Hip Homeschool Hop Button jdaniel4smom

 * I did not receive any compensation for this recommendation. I'm just a homeschooling mom who has found many products that I like. If you're interested in the products I recommend on this blog I want to make it easy for you to find them. 
** I am an Amazon associate and receive a small portion of the sales on orders made after clicking in from this site, which I promptly spend on homeschooling books and supplies for my children.

6 comments:

  1. Very cool! We hope to be able to go to Europe some day and visit Mozart's home town, as well as Bach's. :-)
    I'm a new follower and a homeschooling mom. I like your blog and I look forward to visiting it more often! :-)

    ~Susie~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A musical vacation would be very neat, as there is so much musical history here. Mittenwald is a small town in Bavaria that has a long history of violin making. If you do plan a musical trip it could be another fun stopping place.

      Delete
  2. How cool, I love Mozart. OK it is definite adding Salzburg to my list of must see before we head home:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not sure if my first comment made it thru:( This is very cool I love Mozart. going to definitely add Salzburg to my must see list:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a treat, to get to visit so many landmarks associated with Mozart! We have read one of the Opal Wheeler biographies, I think. Thanks for linking up to RAT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How neat to see those things in person! Thanks for linking up to Trivium Tuesdays!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...