Friday, May 18, 2012

I Saw it on Vacation - Week 14 - May 18


What have you seen on Vacation? "I Saw it on Vacation" is a weekly link-up for kids and adults to learn about geography. Many of us have been to exciting places and seen unique things. Let us dream about future vacations while we learn more about our world!

Corn fields in Iowa, the Eiffel Tower in Paris, Sleeping Bear Dunes in Michigan, grizzly bears in Alaska…….monuments, landmarks, national parks, geographical features of any type are fair game. It doesn’t even really need to be a vacation. Your post could be about your local climate, or the traditions of your region. If the post shows photos of mountains and big horn sheep in Colorado, or explains hurricanes in the south it’s applicable. Just make sure it is kid-friendly and geography related.

Feel free to link-up a post you've already written and comment on the posts of others! Please link your post on the weekly I Saw it on Vacation blog-hop post and on the I Saw it on Vacation page. I’m excited to see what you have seen!
  • Link-up in two places;
    - Weekly I Saw it on Vacation blog-hop post below so we can see what’s new
    - I Saw it on Vacation Page – If you don’t see your territory send me a email so I can add it. jmommymom @ gmail . com
  • Follow me and I will follow back. Leave me a comment to let me know.
  • Link-up to your post or your main URL if your entire blog is dedicated to one place
  • Include a link back to this page in your post – You can grab the button below
  • Optional: Include the “I Saw it on Vacation” button on your side bar so others can join
  • Include the location and a short description of what you saw in your link up.
  • Check out what others have seen
THE LINK IS OPEN EACH WEEK FRIDAY-THURSDAY

If you would like to see what we have seen, check out German Living Topics, European Countries and European Living Topics on the side bar.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When we visited London, one of the things I wanted to do, was see the London Bridge (pictured above). We had read stories in our history book about the shops and hustle and bustle on the bridge. I knew it had changed and fallen down. We all know that right? Well I was a bit surprised by its plainness.  

The Tower Bridge (pictured above) was built in the late 1800's near the London Bridge. It is close to the Tower of London. This bridge was much more fun for me. Although I was a bit let down with the London Bridge, I enjoyed everything else about London and can't wait for another visit.

What have you seen?

Highhill Homeschool

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...