Friday, February 17, 2012

I Saw it on Vacation - Week 1 - Feb 17

I'm so excited to be launching the first edition of this new blog-hop.

What have you seen on Vacation? "I Saw it on Vacation" is a weekly link-up for kids and adults to learn about geography. Many of us have been to exciting places and seen unique things. Let us dream about future vacations while we learn more about our world!

Corn fields in Iowa, the Eiffel Tower in Paris, Sleeping Bear Dunes in Michigan, grizzly bears in Alaska…….monuments, landmarks, national parks, geographical features of any type are fair game. It doesn’t even really need to be a vacation. Your post could be about your local climate, or the traditions of your region. If the post shows photos of mountains and big horn sheep in Colorado, or explains hurricanes in the south it’s applicable. Just make sure it is kid-friendly and geography related.

Feel free to link-up a post you've already written and comment on the posts of others! Please link your post on the weekly I Saw it on Vacation blog-hop post and on the I Saw it on Vacation page. I’m excited to see what you have seen!

  • Link-up in two places;
    - Weekly I Saw it on Vacation blog-hop post below so we can see what’s new
    - I Saw it on Vacation Page – If you don’t see your territory send me a email so I can add it. jmommymom @ gmail . com
  • Follow me and I will follow back. Leave me a comment to let me know.
  • Link-up to your post or your main URL if your entire blog is dedicated to one place
  • Include a link back to this page in your post – You can grab the button below
  • Optional: Include the “I Saw it on Vacation” button on your side bar so others can join
  • Include the location and a short description of what you saw in your link up.
  • Check out what others have seen
THE LINK IS OPEN EACH WEEK FRIDAY-THURSDAY

If you would like to see what we have seen, check out German Living Topics, European Countries and European Living Topics on the side bar.

This is Neuschwanstein Castle. It's located in Bavaria, Germany about a 1 hour train ride from Munich. It was built by King Ludwig II who had a hobby of building castles. His hobby was so big that it practically bankrupted his family. The Disney castle in Florida was modeled after Neuschwanstein. Inside there are many beautiful rooms including a huge throne room, a concert hall and a man-made cave. The castle was never completely finished and nobody ever lived in it. 

What have you seen?

Highhill Homeschool

4 comments:

  1. thank you for inviting me to your homeschool site & link up - you should link up with Kathy's Cluttered Mind on fridays to share hs resources and find us #hsmommas on twitter (if you're a tweeter) could be good for business ;) http://www.kathysclutteredmind.com/2012/02/currclick-earth-day-science-fair.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I gave you the wrong link! sorry- http://www.kathysclutteredmind.com/2012/02/week-in-life-of-homeschoolers-week-29.html that's to the free resources link up! great group of hsmommas :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I signed up for Twitter, but haven't really gotten started with that yet. I will check out the link-up.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for inviting me. I linked up 2 posts showing the tundra in the fall and the beautiful island here. I will link up some every week. This is a great idea!

    -Amanda
    www.beringseaadventures.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...