Friday, February 24, 2012

Fasching Parade

Photobucket
The fasching parade takes place each year on Faschingsdienstag (i.e. Fat Tuesday, Mardi Gras, the day before Ash Wednesday, the day before lent, 46 days before Easter). This year it was February 21st. It is the official end to the fasching season. In the parade are lots of dance groups and bands. Since we live in a community with many Americans this parade also includes groups such as boy scouts, girl scouts, the Air Force Band and fire trucks.

 
My daughter is lining up for the parade in the red, directly above, and that's me with the red leg warmers in the bottom right picture of the collage. The parade along with with this post pretty much summarizes our last two weeks.

If you want to learn more about our involvement with this German Dance Club there are several posts under fasching on the right-hand side of the blog under German Living Topics.



Highhill Homeschool Chestnut Grove Academy Field Trip Friday Blog Hop Photobucket

11 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you linked up with Collage Friday today.... your post is very interesting. I can't wait to show it to my kids! I'm also going to explore some of your other German living topics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be great! I was trying to create a geography resource when I created my blog and now I am trying to expand on that concept with the I Saw it on Vacation blog hop. You can read more about it here if you are interested.
    http://highhillhomeschool.blogspot.com/2012/02/blogs-as-geography-resources.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This is fascinating. Like Mary, I am very interested in tapping into your posts on life in Germany. Thank you so much for sharing your adventures and your wonderful pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool! I'm glad you linked up w/ collage Friday -- I'll be looking forward to exploring more of your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun looking parade. I love the neat costumes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very interesting to see celebrations in other countries!

    ReplyDelete
  7. what fun! Thanks for sharing at FTF!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fun. Love for you to link up to the Home school field trip hop
    http://lifesadventures-amb-fieldtriphop.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. kinder fasching : kostüme für fasching karneval : Buy Costumes Online bee bee costume animal costume carnival Carnival Carnival costume Child

    ReplyDelete
  10. fasnet : Buy costumes online Rehkitzkostuem Rehkitzverkleidung costume animal costume.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...