Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Cooking - Consider Swim Goggles When the Onions Bother Your Eyes

My kids love to cook, but onions and spicy peppers have long been a problem for them. Wearing swim goggles while cooking was the solution they came up with and it apparently works because they no longer complain about their eyes.
This week the kids decided to make sausage rolls from Little Kitchen by Sabrina Parrini which my son received for Christmas.
They mixed shreaded carrots, chopped onions, butter, cooked ground buffalo, and spices. Then they used the pastry puffs to wrap-up the mixture. They baked the rolls and had fun sharing them with the family.

Ground buffalo was substituted for ground sausage and only one-half of the recipe was made. With the exception of the pastry-puff sheets, the recipe was very healthy. (I didn't even know what a pastry-puff sheet was when they selected this recipe.) Next time I will encourage them to make their own dough wrapper.


Hearth & Soul Hop

* I did not receive any compensation for this recommendation. I'm just a homeschooling mom who has found many products that I like. If you're interested in the products I recommend on this blog I want to make it easy for you to find them. 
** I am an Amazon associate and receive a small portion of the sales on orders made after clicking in from this site, which I promptly spend on homeschooling books and supplies for my children. 

5 comments:

  1. I love the goggles. I'll have to suggest that to my oldest the next time he's chopping onions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, what clever kids using goggles! Master D is not a fan of working with onion either, so might have to try finding him a pair! And the sausage rolls look yummy :-) Thanks for sharing on Happy lil ❤'s are baking x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!!! I would never have thought of that...and am totally going to try it!!! Thank you for linking up to Whatcha Making Wednesdays. Have a great week :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the goggles! Sausage rolls sound delicious. I always enjoy cooking with my children.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are simply the best cooking goggles out there. This is great activity share here and this goggles really perfect for cooking. I also purchase this for my little baby.

    bolt bins

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...