Thursday, October 20, 2011

Stepped Facade


Many houses and structures in Brugges, Belgium have a stepped facade.

After posting this I received this interesting email from a former resident.

I was just looking at Pinterest and saw my previous house on it?!
The picture you made is Stepped House...
The house is called St Andries Cruysse was build in 1572 for a very wealthy nobelman.
In this house the stocked colour pigment in the basement.
I used to run a business of several shops in Bruges called Bruges Collectibles.
Next to the door was my office. The reason why it was painted red is because the landowner
wanted to show his wealth and red was the most expensive after blue(made from lapis lazulli and only to be used for the cape of virgin Mary).
No i have a company www.thehouseofbelgium.com .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...